I'm having difficulties in creating a connection from my SQL Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 x64 into the Oracle database 10g even though I have already install the Oracle Client 11g R2 ?
I've followed this article from steps URL:
plus added: TNS_ADMIN into the Server variables which point into: C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\c
what is working:
1. TNSNAMES.ORA has been copied successfully from the other Developer wworkstation
2. i can TNSPING into the DB instance
3. i can connect to the database using SQLplus and perform any SQL commands
4. i can create the DSN ONLY when using "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
" the normal odbcad32 doesn't show my DSN that I have just created ?
5. the DSN created from the above works fine from the test connection.
my goal: To be able to select the Oracle connection in the Linked server object but still no effect after I restart the server
Any idea please in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated.