Access rights for Junior SQL Server DBA in 2005
Posted on 2011-03-18
We are hiring a Junior DBA who will be resposible for the following:
1) Manually check DB backups on Production Server
2) Manually check SQL Server error logs and Windows Error logs for any error we need to be concerned about.
3) Manually check under SQL Agent Activity Monitor if a certain job has successfully run or not. However, he CANNOT enable of disable the job.
DO NOT WANT THE Jr DBA to do:
1) Shut down/Restart the server
2) Delete any files on the server
3) Stop any Services.
4) Add/Drop any databases
5) Pretty much no access to change any configuration on the Operationg system level.
1) Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition
2) Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
Any assistance would be appreciated. thanks