I have successfully shared a directory from a Mac to a Windows 7 machine on the same WORKGROUP, but from the Windows machine, I do not have write access. All permissions appear to be set correctly.
- The Mac is using a netBIOS compliant name, and has been added to WORKGROUP.
- SMB file sharing has been enabled on the Mac for the Public Folder directory.
- Permissions for Everyone are set to Read&Write.
- I have applied the permissions to all enclosed items.
- I can browse \\GM-IMAC from Windows 7, and I can open the files.
- I cannot save changes as I receive an "Access Denied" notice.
- Do I need to turn User Account Sharing on in the Sharing preferences and create a sharing user account to match the Windows login?
- Would Windows 7 be having issues writing to a shared HFS+ volume?