Question: Confusion with home.php and Navigation Menus
Posted on 2011-03-19
1. I'm working through a tutorial on Creating Custom Themes in WordPress (Translation: I'm green! Please take that into consideration).
2. I've added a home.php page which should override my index.php file (right?).
3. When I go to the rootsite (www.site.com), I SEE home.php
4. My theme also has a Nav which I've created in the WP Admin section and which I've registered in functions.php.
5. In order to HAVE a "homepage" (in the Nav), I had to add a NEW page to WordPress. So... now I have TWO home pages: home.php (which I've styled up and laid out) AND homepage which I generated in WP Admin.
6. When I created the nav, home.php was not available but the homepage I created in the admin IS listed.That's (apparently) all i can use.
7. So, my nav now points to a different homepage then the one I created (and want to show).
8. When I click the home link (from my nav), it shows posts (apparantly pulled from the generic "page.php"), NOT my fancy laid out page (as in "home.php")
1. How can i get the link in the left nav (built in WP Admin) to show the same page as home.php
2. Or, do I need to (in someway) duplicate home.php and show it on the homepage I created to use the WP Admin Nav Tools?