We have several IBM X366 / X460 Servers and have just installed new IBM Uninterruptable Power Supplies.
How do I force the X366 / X460 Servers to automatically boot the OS (Win SBS 2008 & Server 2008) after the AC power is reconnected?
1. Mains Power is interrupted (Start of Power Cut)
2. UPS kicks in
3. UPS tells the Server to shutdown
4. UPS waits for server to complete shutdown
5. UPS switches off AC to Server to conserve batteries.
6. Mains Power comes back on (End of Power Cut)
7. UPS allows mains to stabilise then switches AC on to Server
8. Server initialises but doesn't start the OS
9. OS can only be started by A.) Push Power Button or B.) RSA command
We need the server to restart fully and boot the OS automatically
I have seen one reference to a Bios / BMC setting to always start at power up but this is not present in the latest Bios (Version: 12, Build level: ZUE166AUS , Build date: 02/15/08) and BMC (Revision: 2.11,
Build ID: Z2BT05J, Build date: 04-04-08 )
I'm really stuck her on what should be a simple configuration. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?
It’s been over a month into 2017, and there is already a sophisticated Gmail phishing email making it rounds. New techniques and tactics, have given hackers a way to authentically impersonate your contacts.How it Works
The attack works by targeti…
Windows 8 comes with a dramatically different user interface known as Metro. Notably missing from the new interface is a Start button and Start Menu. Many users do not like it, much preferring the interface of earlier versions — Windows 7, Windows X…
In this video, Percona Solutions Engineer Barrett Chambers discusses some of the basic syntax differences between MySQL and MongoDB.
To learn more check out our webinar on MongoDB administration for MySQL DBA: https://www.percona.com/resources/we…