In our domain there is one user who can't save any files or can't change any file names on the server.
The user works with Vista Business and is administrator on his own machine and has full control on the folder where he is trying to change file names.
This is the behavior he is dealing with:
- He can open the folders on the serer
- He is able to right click and select the 'NEW' option. He can create new documents with the default name. He his no problems saving the document with the default name.
- He is not allowed to change the name of a file.
- He can open documents on the server and change them. He is not allowed to save the changed file. He can save the file on his own desktop en move it to te server. There he has no problems overwriting the original file by dropping the changed file from his desktop to the original location on the server.
- When I check the effective rights of the user in the folder on the servers, it says the user has full control.