Can't open an embeded excel sheet from MS word
Posted on 2011-03-21
I know that this question had been asked several times, but I just can't find a solution/root cause for it.
I can't open an embeded Excel sheet from an MS word doc. the excel sheet is inserted without any issues, however, when I double click on it to edit it, I receive the following error message:
"The application used to edit this file is Excel. Excel isn't installed on this machine. Please install the application."
My setup is as follow:
- Windows SP3 with all security updates and patches
- MS Office 2007 SP2 - up to date on patches and updates
- No MS Learning Essentials plug-in is installed
- nor any 2005/2008 SQL plug-in (as suggest in previous posts)
- running Office diag - came back with no errors
- did a repair on the MS Office 2k7 - still same issue
- uninstalled office 2007 completely, ran CCleaner, then ran through the install again, but still same issue.
Your help is greatly appreciated