Using Sharepoint 2007 (corporate installation; I'm an end-user with teamsite admin rights but if I knew what needed to be done I may be able to request a backend solution).
Is the following possible (last bullet is really the question)? Willing to do this in a posted file or a list:
• A file of any kind (e.g. ppt, .doc, .mpp) is posted in a sharepoint library OR a custom list is in use
• All Sharepoint users in the company have read access to it
• Project team members have contribute access.
• Project team members and all company Sharepoint users have it open.
• A project team member updates the file e.g. with a task complete during a system go-live and when they do, all the company Sharepoint users see it update – without having to manually refresh their view.
If that's not possible, any other suggestions for achieving the same?