restoring Exchange 2010 with Backup Exec 2010 & Exchange agent
Posted on 2011-03-21
I have a VM running Exchange 2010 which is currently being backed up by Backup Exec 2010 & Exchange agent running on a different server.
To restore this Exchange 2010 server in case of failure, are these the right steps to follow? Please confirm and comment.
1. reset computer account for failed server
2. rebuild new server with same hostname, OS and disk configuration
3. join new server to domain
4. install Exchange by typing Setup /m:RecoverServer
5. restore information store db from Backup Exec
6. mount store
Thanks in advance