Solved

SBS 2008 Console Security Status Shows Warning or Not Available

Posted on 2011-03-21
3
1,496 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-11
Howdy,
I'm using SBS 2008 on a Dell Server. The server is a domain controller. All updates and patches have been installed. Also, I'm using McAfee Security as a Service on all clients and the server. I've opted for the native Windows Firewalls on both the clients and the server.

On the console, under Network, Computers, the "Security Status" for the server shows: Not Avaiilable. For the clients, it shows "Warning." In all cases the "Warning" is displayed as a result of "Virus and/or Spyware" detection. The source: "Security Center," which is McAfee.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the McAfee program on both the server and clients. No fix in sight!

Is there something I'm missing on the firewalls? DCom? WMI? Been there tried that...
0
Comment
Question by:waverobber
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
3 Comments
 
LVL 77

Expert Comment

by:Rob Williams
ID: 35191698
I suspect it is just that SBS doesn't recognize your A/V application. You will get a warning if none is present or if SBS doesn't recognize it. Many are not known to SBS. If you wanted to verify if that is the case uninstall McAfee from one client and on that client install Microsoft security essentials. Give it an hour and see if it gives you a "green" approval.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
waverobber earned 0 total points
ID: 35204081
Turns out I have no idea what was causing the communication problem between server and clients. First clue was the "Security Status" on the console. Second was the fact that I had made an adjustment on a custom GPO and it never made it to the clients! Bad sign. What fixed the problem was removing all clients from the domain (to a workgroup), then rejoining them. All comm was restored. I also deleted (it was some simple user privledge stuff) my custom GPO thinking maybe a conflict had somehow got in there. All good now. Thanks for the input!
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:waverobber
ID: 35230154
It fixed my problem
0

Featured Post

PeopleSoft Has Never Been Easier

PeopleSoft Adoption Made Smooth & Simple!

On-The-Job Training Is made Intuitive & Easy With WalkMe's On-Screen Guidance Tool.  Claim Your Free WalkMe Account Now

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article is in response to a question (http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Network_Management/Network_Analysis/Q_28230497.html) here at Experts Exchange. The Original Poster (OP) requires a utility that will accept a list of IP addresses …
You may have discovered the 'Compatibility View Settings' workaround for making your SBS 2008 Remote Web Workplace 'connect to a computer' section stops 'working around' after a Windows 10 client upgrade.  That can be fixed so it 'works around' agai…
Michael from AdRem Software explains how to view the most utilized and worst performing nodes in your network, by accessing the Top Charts view in NetCrunch network monitor (https://www.adremsoft.com/). Top Charts is a view in which you can set seve…
In this brief tutorial Pawel from AdRem Software explains how you can quickly find out which services are running on your network, or what are the IP addresses of servers responsible for each service. Software used is freeware NetCrunch Tools (https…

734 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question