Client Install Issues
Posted on 2011-03-21
In our organisation we have almost 3000 machines. We are having a major headache pushing out the SCCM Advanced client to the last 1000 or so. I think I know alot of the reasons but I am not sure how to fix it.
The reasons it will not go on I think are:-
1. The account used to install the advanced client is not a member ofthe local administrators group.
2. A number of Windows XP machines have a corrupted WMI
3. Afair few machines have the old SMS client on and need removing first.
4. DNS issues; the Host (A) Record and/or the PTR records are missing for the machine, OR the Host (A) record and PTR record exist but both have a different IPaddress.
5. SCCM is set to do an AD system scan for the machines. AD may have some entries for machinesthat do not exist
Is there anyhing else that may prevent the client installing and how do I fix the issues?