I hope you all can help me with this agonizing issue, I get “Exchange Account: Unable to verify account information” after every attempt to connect an iPhone to my exchange server. I have read many articles, some conflicting, and cannot find a solution or what do even test next. Here are the particulars:
I have an SBS 2003 Premium environment with the exchange server on a separate box plus 2 terminal servers. We use a Cisco PIX 501 as the router with each server having a separate IP address for remote access and services. DNS records are correct for mail.domain.com. OWA is active and working well, users get access to it with: http://mail.domain.com/exchange
then entering domain\username and password to get in to the OWA site. I can get the user “judy” into the OWA site ok. Her email address is Judy@domain.com.
The iPhone is a 3G, model number MB046LL, OS Version: 4.0.2 (8A400), firmware version: 05.13.04 and the carrier is ATT. I have tried every combination I can think of, the current account settings in the iPhone are:
Email = firstname.lastname@example.org
Server = mail.domain.com/exchange
Domain = domain
UserName = domain\Judy
Password = …
SSL = Off
While trying to get connected I installed the IMAP and RPC over HTTP features according to Microsoft and Petri websites. The router has ports 25, 80, 443, 4125, 587, 465, 993 and IMAP4 (143) opened to the exchange server.