Solid State Systems and WDS
Posted on 2011-03-22
Was wondering if anyone has ran into this issue or if anyone might know a resolution to this strange issue:
I am no stranger to WDS. I have built countless images and have used WDS to deploy hundreds of systems. But, I have recently ran into this issue when building an image on a Lenovo T410s Solid State system. It shuts off at around 9% completion during image capture. I thought it might be the NIC driver not being the same as the one on the boot image, but I have confirmed that the driver on the system and on the boot image are exactly the same. I have seen the issue where the drivers are incorrect and normally it would through an error message, but in this case, there is no error message. The system simply shuts down at 9% completion during the image capture.
Things to know:
1. This is my first lenovo image ever.
2. The previous images have been a variety of HP's and Dell's (all Win 7)
3. This system is my first Solid State system I have attempted to capture an image using WDS.
4. Capturing a ghost image posed no issues what so ever.
5. The image is a Win 7 Image.
I would be grateful for any help or advice.
Thank you in advance for all of your help.