Recently arrived at a new company and trying to test a disaster recovery of Windows Server 2003 primary fsmo role holder/dns which has exchange 2003 installed (it is not a SBS box) scenario with no access to existing site and getting the correct media/updates in the right order in place to save time should the s**t hit the fan. Dell Hardware is similar to production.
The order I am thinking about...
1) Configure RAID to be the same
2) Install Windows Server 2003
3) Install Windows Server 2003 SP2
4) Configure same NETBIOS and IP address
5) Create AD Domain as same name and install DNS
6) Install Exchange 2003
7) Install Exchange 2003 SP2
8) Install ARCServe 11.5 and apply service pack
9) restart server in NTDSUTIL mode and perform Authoritative Restore from ARCServe
10) Restart server and Restore Exchange Database.
11) Restore userdata
Does this sound like a workable plan or please point to obvious missing entries or correct the order.