Network issues with common application
Posted on 2011-03-23
I play a game by EA called Battlefield Bad Company 2. I have 2 roommates that sometimes play on the same home network in the same game at the same time. We run into problems.... more later
Our network setup is a consistently working 16MiB cable high speed internet with a Motorola SURFboard Extreme cable modem and a WRT54GS Linksys Wireless BG router.
Running this setup, with the configuration explained above (3 of the same game at the same time) we run into the following problems:
1) When one of us joins a common game, the person already in the game will get kicked.
2) When one of us joins a common game, anyone playing it will be disconnected .. included the person that tried to join.
Other observations about this issue:
- If we all play separate games, this problem does not occur.
- Restarting the game or our computers works about 30% of the time.
- Resetting the router works about 70% of the time.
Network Sages and Experts..,
What exactly could be happening here? What can / could possibly fix this?
Many thanks for any help!