We're trying to create a replica of our production 2007 farm in our Dev domain. We did a P2V process where we virtualized the WFE servers, and then put those WFE VMs in the Dev Domain.
We ran new sid, joined them to the domain and what not and all was well to that point.
We also installed an SQL server from scratch in the Dev Domain, and copied over all of the databases (Content, Config, Admin, Search, etc).
THis is where we're on shaky ground....
Then we ran the config wizard to get the farm back up and running. The wizard runs all the way to Step 8 of 9 and fails with the following error message:
"Failed to start service SPSearchServiceInstance on this server after completing upgrade. Please start it manually."
Looking in the config wizard log file, it seems the config wizard having an issue with getting search to start up. We've gone in an manually started the search before. Since these are VMs we do have the luxury of wiping the WFE out and doing a point in time restore to start the process over again with a fresh snapshot. However, we've tried this 6 times and get the same result everytime (ie. failing on starting search).