I have an email stuck in our outbound box on our exchange server 2010 (server 2008). It says DNS Query Failed. The .com is pipelineresourcesinc.com, so I did a nslookup on it, and I get this.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
So it resolves correctly, but it is timing out. We only have the one dns server and all other addresses resolve w/o this timeout (ie. google.com, abc.com, msn.com...). What is odd is that from my client pc and another server, it resolves correctly no timeout or anything.
I've done a ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns with no luck. Also I have disabled ipv6 as we are not using it.
This server is also a DC but does not handle DNS. I am not seeing anything related in the event viewer on either box.