Here's a problem I've been having with joining a W7Pro Sp1 box to a 2003 R2 Sp2 Domain:
I've gone through the DNS info and cannot find where I've gone wrong. XP boxes can join the domain with no problems. I've disabled the CA RTM 8x antivirus when trying to join, but with no luck.
There are only a handful of security updates that haven't been applied to this machine, and none of them seem to have any bearing on the problem I am having.
The two errors are when I try to join the W7 machine with the domain name "EAGLE" and with the domain name "EAGLE.LOCAL". You can see a more detailed error message when I try with the .LOCAL suffix.
I followed the KB article 241515 and was able to get SRV records.
I've tried to join 3 different W7 machines and the same result.
The server reports no issues with DNS, the DHCP server is giving the correct info out regarding DNS. I verified my DNS settings on the NIC, and they are the same as other 2k3 R2 servers we have running that w7 boxes could join to--in that the dns servers actual IP was listed along with the ISP's addr.
I've restarted both DNS & DHCP....no luck w/ joining after.
I have not run any net diags or other diags...if anyone has suggestions on what's best to run, I'd like to hear them or another comments or advice. I'm not at pulling my hair out yet, but if I can't do this sometime soon, either I'll pull my hair out or it'll have already fallen off my head.