Help in multiple languages?

Greetings,

I am currently deploying a new SharePoint 2010 solution for internal use and has run into a rather annoying problem:

The SharePoint 2010 server has been installed with English language, and then I added Danish language support to it. I can create both English and Danish sites, and the interface perfectly reflects the chosen language, except for one detail.

When I click on the ? icon to get help on a Danish site, the new help browser-window just shows "Hjælp-indholdet kan ikke vises" (Help-content cannot be shown). The LCID part of the URL is correctly sat to 1030, but no help is shown. On an English site, there is no problem displaying the help.

The weird thing is, if I create an English sub-site to a Danish site, selects help here, closes the help-window and return to the Danish site and click Help, it CAN display the Danish help-content, at least for a while.

Anyone have an idea what might be the problem here and how to solve it?

Best Regards,
David Bych

DBychAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Jamie McAllister MVPSharePoint ConsultantCommented:
You're not the first to encounter this. Interesting how the other user was using Norwegian - I'm wondering if some special characters are interfering with the script on the page.

Anyway, suggest you take a look at the KB939313 article first and see if your set up looks correct;

http://kjellsj.blogspot.com/2011/02/help-content-cannot-be-displayed-in.html

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939313
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
DBychAuthor Commented:
Thanks JamieMcAllister,

I tried everything else, but had to set the SQL permission manually in order for it to work. I'll keep an eye out for a better solution, but close the question and award the points.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft SharePoint

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.