I have a Vaio laptop with Vista Business on, it came preinstalled. The laptop is really slow these days and has had a lot of things installed and uninstalled. I found that Sony put a folder here:
and I believe this probably contains the files to install Vista again when problems occur.
What I want to do:
1. Create a 25gb partition from my C:\ for Windows and program files
2. Boot up and install from this hidden folder
3. Then after install, if it feels like it's running much quicker, I'll copy over files from the original partition and format that partition to use it for storage space.
4. Re-activate windows
- How do I do all this?
- When I right click on C:\ in disk management, I cannot see a way of making a new partition
- Do I have to deactivate Vista on my main version before installing the next version?
- How do I reactivate?
- I have the serial on the genuine windows sticker underneath the laptop