Blackberry 9630 GAL lookup not working

I have a user whose Blackberry 9630 is unable to search the GAL when composing an email.  when you compose an email and start entering text in the To:, CC or Bcc fields, nothing happens.  Every other user in this BES environment is able to run lookups against the GAL.  

I've tried battery pull, deleting/resending service books, disabling and renabling wireless sync from the CNFG menu to no avail.  There is only 1 mail account on this device.

I would prefer not to have to security wipe, delete/recreate BES user, reactivate.  

Any ideas?  

Thank you
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Does sending/receiving of email actually work?

If the user types the email address manually will the email be sent and receive by the desired recipient?

In my opinion you tried everything possible except deleting and readding the user.

Does the user belong to a different security group than other users? What version of BES? Can the user access GAL from Outlook/OWA successfully?
Frank_AlphaserveitAuthor Commented:
everything else on the BB seems to be working fine: emails send and receive, calendar and contacts sync.  If user types out email addresses manually, they go through no problem.  It just does not attempt to autocomplete from the GAL.

the IT policy and security group is shared with several other users that are not experiencing the same issue.
This is BES 5.0.2 running on Server 2008 R2.  Exchange 2010 SP1 RU3.

Forgot to mention I have already deleted the user from BES entirely, recreated and reactivated (no security wipe though).
Well, then... I can hear the call of the wipe...

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Learn SQL Server Core 2016

This course will introduce you to SQL Server Core 2016, as well as teach you about SSMS, data tools, installation, server configuration, using Management Studio, and writing and executing queries.

Frank_AlphaserveitAuthor Commented:
i hear it too, i'm trying to ignore it :)  It may come to that though unfortunately.  Just got off call with RIM, they confirmed wipe probably necessary.
Frank_AlphaserveitAuthor Commented:
we changed the setting of "Show recent contacts when composing emails" to No and it starting working again.  Go figure!
Congratulations. That proves another time that lots of settings just don't act as one would suspect. So the setting would be better named "Show ONLY recent contacts..."
Frank_AlphaserveitAuthor Commented:
Frank_AlphaserveitAuthor Commented:
resolved the issue myself, but a wipe probably would have fixed as well.
Thanks for the points.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.