Control and arrow keys not functioning properly in Office

For some reason, for the last little while, whenever I use the Control key in either Microsoft Word or Outlook, combined with any of the arrow keys, it takes two or three tries before there is any sort of response.  It almost seems like it's a default setting somewhere (either in Windows or Office), but I haven't been able to find any sort of resolution to this point.

Here's what I've tried to this point:
1) Replacing my keyboard
2) Deleting my new keyboard from the system, rebooting, and letting Windows re-discover the keyboard again
3) Recreating my user profile (both with and without copying over Application Data\Settings)
4) Repairing Microsoft Office from CD

If anyone can help me with this annoying little quirk, I'd really appreciate it - thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Try clicking your middle mouse button if you have one.  Also press each of the keys Shift, Alt, Ctrl, Scroll Lock and Insert

Its worth a shot.  the middle mouse button fixed a problem I had before in office.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
martygaffneyAuthor Commented:
I noticed that somehow, my keyboard (under Regional Date and Time Settings) had a "Belarusian" keyboard added (not sure how that happened).  I also noticed that my Alt + 3-digit number special characters aren't functioning normally, so there might be something else going on behind the scenes here.

Nonetheless, it appers removing my Belarusian keyboard has reduced some of my issues - thanks robsz1 for your suggestions...

It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.