On an Exchange 2007 Server, we have 5 SG's. Each SG has one Store only.
I would like to measure the amount of disk activity and get a baseline in case we need to reference this during times of trouble.
1. Am I correct in thinking that
- The logs would be very write intensive but not read intensive-. The DB would be very read intensive but not write intensive
2. Does it mean anything if the logs are read intensive and the DB is write intensive too?
3. Should the activity be constant or spiking all the time?
4. What should I be looking for if there is a problem?
On a Windows 2008 Server, SCC cluster.