I have an ASPX page that has an associated codebehind vb source of the same name. The codebehind source generates HTML on the fly to generate a 'result' table of results that match the search using an SQL query. I made a modification to the display of HTML in the source code.... to keep it simple, I changed a table width declaration from '%90" to 760.
My problem is that it didn't impact the page when I ran it.
I went back into the codebehind and made a change that I knew would throw a compiler error. I then revisited the site and saw that there was a compiler error. The thing is....even though the server compiles the codebehind correctly the page seems to be ignoring the change to the codebehind.
To put it another way:

If I had changed a Response.Write "<p>This</p>" to a Response.Write "<p>That</p>" the resulting page would still generate This
If I had changed a Response.Write "<p>This</p>" to a Response.Wrote "<p>That</p>"  the compile would have thrown an error
There seems to be another step that I am missing in making these changes because the resulting page should be generating a That
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

can you post the ASPX file here?
WildWest544Author Commented:
I solved it myself

I have an aspx page called Resultpage.ASPX on the web. In the App_Code folder I have an associated vb script of the same name.

There is a relationship between the two that is established through this like in the aspx

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="ResultPage.aspx.vb" Inherits="RCIWeb.ResultPage"%>

This inheritence is fully qualified to the project that I used to build the app but the ResultPage Class that was compiled on the server was not part of RCIWeb.  I took out the RCIWeb and the page was able to find the class.with the modifications.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
WildWest544Author Commented:
I was just having fun since I didn't think it would hurt anyone.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Web Applications

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.