I am having a strange intermittent issue with Windows 7 Ultimate. Generally 3-4 days a week i come in and the connection to the Internet will be unresponsive. Many times i can still connect to chat (gmail, xmpp, etc) as well as our in house mail server (even though this does cross the gateway to an external IP address). I can even ping common websites. But when I try to use any browser it is unresponsive. A reboot makes everything happy again. When i try the Microsoft troubleshooter it doesn't think anything is wrong. Here is the list of things i've tried thus far.
1. I have tried an additional NIC. This has happened on both an internal and external NIC.
2. I have tried deleting and reinstalling NIC and their drivers.
3. Windows Firewall is not on.
4. This happens with all browsers.
5. I run an "always on" profile because of different services running on the machine. So the PC going to sleep is not an issue.
6. I am behind a Watchguard x55e pro gateway. But mine is the only pc experiencing this.
Thanks for your help.