I am trying to install Exchange SP1- have followed all the steps
Update Active Directory Schema
Before install Exchange 2010 SP1 we must run a schema update.
How to find the server with the schema master role:
1. Start MMC
2. Load the Schema Snap in
3. In the Snap in, Right click on Active Directory Schema
4. Choose Operations Master…
5. By Current Schema is listed the Schema Master
From this schema master you can run the command:
1. Logon locally on the Schema Master Server
2. Start Command Prompt
3. From the Exchange 2010 SP1 location, start this command:
4. “setup.com / prepareAD”
Installation Service Pack 1
It’s important to install also this Service Pack from out-side to in-side. So we must first upgrade the edge servers and the last server should be the mailbox servers. You should always apply hotfixes/service packs as described.