Offlline files Windows 7
Posted on 2011-04-19
I have a laptop running Windows 7 that has a mapped drive to a folder on a 2003 server. The folder is set to be available offline.
I need to copy the folder from the 2003 server to a 2008 server. Below are the steps I am going to take. Please let me know if they are correct or if there is anything else I need to do.
1) Power up laptop, login to network, run a synch with files on the 2003 server.
2) Turn off "offline files" on Windows 7 laptop.
3) Copy folder from 2003 server to 2008 server.
4) Disconnect mapped drive to folder on 2003 server (on laptop)
5) Re-map same drive letter to folder on 2008 server (on laptop)
6) Make folder on 2008 server available offline.
7) Run a synch of folder on 2008 server.
8) Test as follows:
a) Make change to a file on 2008 server while connected to the network.
b) Shut down laptop, power up laptop disconnected from network, see if file changes are there.
c) Make change to a file while offline.
d) Shut down, power up laptop connected to network, run synch, see if changes made to file while offline are there.
Let me know if I forgot anything or if there is a better way to do this.