I am an inexperienced programmer, and want to create a web based application. I would like some advice on which programming language to use, which web platform to use, and which development tool to use to create this project. The needs are very direct, and once setup this will not change AT ALL, and will only need content to change. Any advice is appreciated, as I really don't know where to start.
The program needs to do the following:
- Have users sign in with a username and password
* We would like to have a "forgot password" option and a user verification process
- Once signed in, users will need to choose which student to manage (some users have multiple children)
- Once the student is selected, they will need to select from a PRE-ENTERED menu which food items the student wants from MONDAY to FRIDAY. Each day needs to have an option for NO LUNCH that day.
- After making selections, a confirmation / review screen will need to be displayed before submission
- Options to link out to PAYPAL for payment
On the backend, we would need to be able to edit:
- user database
- Menu content per day
- The ability to do a 1 week or a 2 week order
I'm not sure if I should get a book and learn a programming language to start this, if I should try to start this with a VISUAL product like visual studio, or if it's even possible to learn how to create a project like this.
The communitie's thoughts and advice are appreciated, thank you.