HP Proliant ML 350 G5 Bios update failed??
Posted on 2011-04-19
I did this with Proliant ML350 G5:
1. shut it down normally
2. installed some more memory
3. started it up with BIOS update CD in the CD-Drive
4. updated BIOS successfuly (according the flas utility)
5. cycled power down as requested by Flash utility
6. after reboot - nothing appears on the screen
7. unplugged powercord and plugged back -> powersupply broke
8. got newpowersupply
9. server powers up, but nothing comes to screen and it won't boot
10. can access with ILO2 which says system is ok
11. called HP support and got instructions to reset NVRAM
12. did not help
All lights are green, ILO says system is ok, but nothing appears on the screen - it's black and does not boot.