I'm creating my first tool in apache, MySql, php with Dreamweaver CS5 to make updating a webpage easier for someone. In my table I have: record_id, body, image1, image2, image3, section. My select statements works fine, I tried outputting the values of them right before the form submit and they are all correct. The redirect specified while using Dreamweaver's update record tool takes affect properly no matter what I set it too. But, My table doesn't update. I found information online about someone having similar behavior suggesting to take out any and all spaces, capitals or special characters but I didn't find any. One thing I don't understand in my Dreamweaver generated code is that all variables in my queries are as follows: WHERE tablename.section = %s I don't know where it is getting the %s from. Also in Dreamweaver CS5 when defining an update record using the server behavior tab it doesn't ask for you to specify which exact record you want to update with a WHERE clause. It's been doing this automatically with the %s variable. I wanted to also mention that in case it was relevant.