27" Monitor Looks Horrible, HELP!
Posted on 2011-04-22
I am a 5 year experienced technician and stunned I can't figure this
out. Here is my issue:
I currently am running a 24" DVI connected Samsung and a new 27" LED
DVI/HDMI connected Samsung in a dual monitor envoirnment. The 24"
Samsung monitor looks perfect but the 27" is giving me issues. I can
set the 27" monitor to the recommended resolution of 1920x1080
however the following issue happen:
1. The text is really blurry.
2. 1" Black gap around the entire screen, almost as the image is
centered in the monitor.
I have already tried:
1. Updated latest Radeon HD drivers.
2. Reinstalled OS, fully updated everything.
3. Installed monitor on my friends computer and it worked perfect.
4. Switched HDMI cables with friend, confirming the cable is working.
5. Device manager shows correct driver.
6. Disconnected second monitor and only used 27" Samsung.
I am running a fully updated Radeon HD 5770 graphics card on Vista
64BIT Home Premium. I have a 750Watt Antec power supply, 4 gigs ram,
quad core processor, and everything else runs fine on the computer.
Other Information: 27" Samsung Model # S27A550H
At this point I am stumped and may have to return my new LED monitor
:( Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks so much in advance.