Hi, Good points as I do not have a lot of information here but have full access to the iPad, Nokia E17 phone and
the Exchange server set up.
What I know
1. User says settings on his devices have not changed.
2. Another user uses HTC smartphone to access their email and it works fine.
3. User is using both local corporate Access Point and also the iPad's/Nokia's own internet
My presumption is that this is not a device config issue as both devices do not update.
I was thinking about trying to replicate the error but is this wise as the other user has mail
updates working OK.
If I create my own Exchange account and try and access mail via a phone with Microsoft
Exchange set up I guessI will get access OK.
The iPad does not contain any log entries for fault finding and I cannot see any logs in the
User wants iPad fixing first. Phone is set up with external ip address, DNS is OK with
mail10.n.co.uk where n is the domian.
Phone also has username and password entries.
I have not reset the password yet but asked the user to enter his password. If I change
the password in AD I assume it covers the email too and changes that.
I assume there is no way for the Exchange password to be seperate from the AD account
and be changed.
I have pinged the FQDN for the Exchange server twice and it came back with an external IP
different each time.
I am a time server administrator but have no local knowledge of thsi set up as I just took it over.
Please be patient!