I have a situation that is very strange, a user whom uses a windows 7 pro computer on the domain cannot change his/her password by ctrl+alt+del.
The error given is that it doesnt match the appropriate domain complexity rules however I have double checked the domain security polocy to verify and the passwords that we are trying to change to certainly are adequate. Even so that when I go into the domain controller, i can change them there with the same passwords that we try at the desktop without any problem.
I have tried this on another windows 7 machine with another user, and the first time, it worked just fine. After that, it did not allow the user to make another change.
I have checked the following:
- make sure the user is not a part of the admin group
- made sure they are able to change their password in the active directory
- made sure the password has not been used before
- made sure the password meets the complexity
- password can be changed on a windows xp computer or vista computer without a problem.