Hi we have our external DNS server running as a Hyper-V guest. wierd today we were unable to access any of our sites, checked and noticed that our DNS is transmitting but not receiving packets. it has a dedicated NIC since its in our DMZ, so far have taken following actions.:
1. No errors reported in event viewer.
2. rebooted the server.
3. disabled and enabled the NIC.
4. uninstall and reinstall the virtual NIC from device manager.
5. disabled and enabled the NIC on the Host server.
6. Able to ping 127.0.0.1 successfully
7. Able to ping itself.
8. unable to ping the gateway .1
if anyone can assist asap. that would be great one of your productions site is down.