Platform: Linux kernel: 2.6 +
Drivers dealing with: USB drivers, DMA driver
I have following requirement:
1. Create a node in filesystem (/proc or /dev) using proc filesystem or udev.
2. Write to this particular file from the driver mentioned above in all possible modes (Low power mode/ idle mode)
3. Avoid printf / kmsgs as it adds certain amount of delay while writing
4. Access file using cat command and read the data dumped by kernel components into mentioned file
5. During powerup of H/W, clear the file
I have gone through vast documentation available on internet but unable to find right solution to achieve above mentioned requirements. Please help me in identifying correct options of filesystem (udev / sysfs etc) which can be faster and easily accessible from both - kernel or userspace components.
Thanks in advance,