We have a strange problem. We have a lot of users who each have full mailbox access to max 3 other users. Everythings works fine. Users can open the other users mailbox and browse everything without any problems.
Now here is the problem: Users often search the other users mailbox. When the result is displayed SOMETIMES the mails can not be opened (Outlook says "Cannot open this item").
However restarting Outlook resolves the search problem for just a few searches. After a while searching will result in the error and contiune to return the error untill Outlook is restarted again.
Here is what i have learned:
• When the error is displayed - all the following searches will not work.
• Restarting Outlook temporarily removes the problem
• It's only in Outlook 2007.
• The problem came after upgrading the server to Exchange 2010.
• It doesn't matter if it's XP, Vista ot WIn 7
• Searching your own mails never fails
Hope someone has come across this problem before and knpw how to fix it... (important to us since we do a LOT of searching)
I found this thread regarding the same isue: