Internet Explorer 8.0 Cache Problem
Posted on 2011-04-27
I am having a bizare problem. I am running Windows XP and have IIS 6.0 installed and running. This is my delvelopment environment. I have a website that I am having a problem with caching. I have a web page that is referencing a .js file. The problem I'm having is that the .js file is loaded in a cache somewhere and is not being updated as I make changes to it.
I started out with a simple function in my .js file (test.js) that contains the following:
I have a webpage that uses XSL and XML. The XSL has a reference to my test.js file. In my XSL, where i make the call to AssignPSIDs, I get the alert.
Now I go in and change the function to do what I really want. When I run the webpage and click the button, I still get the alert -- it is not executing my new code. If I look at the .js file, the new code is there. However, if I debug the webpage using InterDev 6.0, the test.js script shows in the list of files loaded for the process but when I open it, it has the old script info, ie. the alert.
I am using IE 8.0 and have cleared my cache using Internet Options -> General ->Browising History -> Delete. I have exited and restarted the browser. Nothing seems to work.