All I was trying to do was to defragment both priv1 and pub1 databases. I ran the same process on the server about a year ago. All was fine back then. Server has SP2 installed.
I dismounted both stores and started with the public.
I ran eseutil /g pub1.edb and it ran fine
Next I ran eseutil /p pub1.edb and it came back with an error message which I didn't write down.
I reran the same line again and now I get the following;
D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata>eseutil /r pub1.edb -s pub1.stm
Microsoft(R) Exchange Server Database Utilities
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Initiating RECOVERY mode...
Logfile base name: pub1.edb
Log files: <current directory>
System files: pub1.stm
Operation terminated with error -1003 (JET_errInvalidParameter, Invalid API para
meter) after 0.0 seconds.
File: d:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub1.STM
ERROR: database was not shutdown cleanly (dirty shutdown)
Operation terminated with error -550 (JET_errDatabaseDirtyShutdown, Database was
not shutdown cleanly. Recovery must first be run to properly complete database
operations for the previous shutdown.) after 5.375 seconds.
I can also see that the pub1.edb and stm files have different time stamps
Need some help here