Posted on 2011-04-28
I need advice what RPC framework use.
I have 3 candidates:
Protocol Buffers, MessagePack, Windows RPC
- Windows only(I am sure about 90% that I stay in windows platform only)
- should compile in Visual Studio C++ without problems
- must have RPC generator (Protocol Buffers is serialization format but it is have some RPC client server generator, i do not know details)
- if i communicate locally i want to use named pipes protocol which is not based on tcp/ip. So firewalll not block it.
1. App running in user space communicate with NT service. Its send messages in per 2,3 seconds.
2. In future, I want to that App running in users space send messages outside computer to central server.
3. I have few machines with local database. And from other computer i need to access to these databases by RPC.