Number of Copies Does Not Reset after Printing, Quick Print Issue
Posted on 2011-04-29
In Word 2010, number of copies (under File>Print) does not reset to 1 after printing a file. Here's what I've done/found/steps to replicate:
1. Create a new document and type =rand() and hit Enter to get some random text
2. Use File > Print and change the number of copies to 2 and click PRINT
3. Change something in the file and then go back to File > Print. The number of copies is still set to 2.
4. Saving the file doesn't reset the number.
Quick Print button
1. Perform the steps above
2. Hit the Quick Print button and 2 copies are printed
3. Create another new document and type =lorem() and hit Enter to get some random text
4. Hit Quick Print. NOTICE that 2 copies are printed
5. Go back to File > Print. NOTICE that the number of copies is still set to 1.
6. Saving the file doesn't reset the number.
I've found that I can actually close the original document where I changed the number of copies to be printed to 2 copies and Quick Print will continue to print 2 copies for every document I have open UNTIL I go back to File > Print and Manually change the number of copies back to 1 OR close Word and reopen it.
This is new behavior. Word 2003 resets the number of copies to 1 after each print request. I am able to replicate this problem on multiple machines, using multiple printers, signed in with multiple user accounts with every document we've tried.
I've checked to make sure that in the Printer Preferences that the Quantity or Copy Count are set to 1 and nothing higher.
Anyone know how to fix this?