I had a GPO setup to do folder redirection to a share on my file server - \\server1\users$\%username%
This worked fine until I rebuilt this server and when doing so, I made some changes to the file shares and then updated the associated GPOs as appropriate. My updated GPO now redirects to \\server1\users\%username% (users$ -> users)
Even with the updated GPO, my laptop complains on boot that it can't find the \\server1\users$ resource and thus the My Documents folder is empty.
I have tried rebooting both the server and the laptop, several times, as well as running GPUPDATE /FORCE on both.
As a temporary workaround, I have created a users$ share on server1 but I'd like to figure out why my laptop still has the old GPO configuration.