Greetings, most esteemed experts!
My HP7680 inkjet printer prints narrow blank (white) lines in 3 specific parts of each printed page. It appears to happen in the same 3 parts of each page printed.
- I installed new ink cartridges
- I verified that the paper I’m using is the standard inkjet paper that I always use
- In the tools section of the printer setup menu, I ran the “Clean Printhead”, “Align Printer”, and “Calibrate Linefeed” options
- In reading the printer’s manual, it seems to imply that the printheads could be the problem.
- So, I manually cleaned the printhead contacts
- When I print the self-test diagnostics page, it shows printhead health to be “Good” for both. One of them was installed in January of 2009, and the other was installed March of 2008.
My next step would be to replace the printheads altogether, but since that’s moderately expensive, I wanted to get your advice first.
Thank you for your help!