One of my client's servers (WS 2003, R2) periodically vanishes from my laptop (Windows 7, SP1). I'll connect to the LAN via wireless or Ethernet and attempt to access the server via Windows Explorer and get nothing. Efforts to ping the server or connect via RD fail as well. Then, inexplicably, connectivity comes back. Some details:
- When connectivity comes back, it comes back for Windows Explorer, ping, and RD.
- The connectivity issue exists on my laptop only. When my laptop can't see the server, other computers in the office can.
- When my laptop can't see the server, it still can see other servers and workstations in the office.
- I just reinstalled the OS on my laptop. The intermittent connectivity issue did not exist prior to the reinstall.
- I periodically connect to the network with VPN and have never had trouble connecting to the server using a VPN connection.