I have to run a script on VMWare server, i have the instructions, i just need bit more guidance on how to run it...The instructions that i have are;
1. Copy the attached script to your vSphere (vCentre) server.
2. Change the extension of the file from .txt to .ps1
3. Open “vSphere PowerCLI”
4. Connect to vsphere server.
5. Change to directory with this script in it.
6. Type ./inventory.ps1
7. A file called inventory.csv is created (works for both Windows and Linux).
I want to go step by step, now in the first point it says i have to run script on vsphere? we have 8 VMware servers, all of them running ESX 3.5, so what do i have to do in the first step....