We are looking at replacing our servers and OS shortly and have some questions that we need answered. We are envisaging installing a Windows SBS 2008 Domain Server and 2 x Windows 2008 Servers running under it.
The 2 x W2008 Servers will be used to store and run various SQL databases and allow Terminal Sessions to connect. We currently are using SQL 2000 Cals but hope to utilise SQL 2008 Express to cut down on the licensing requirements.
We need to know the following: -
1. Will SBS 2008 allow 2 or more W2008 Servers to be controlled by it?
2. Will a SBS allow a W2008 Server to run Terminal Sessions? I recall that earlier versions of SBS only allowed 2 TS onto the SBS box and only with full admin access.
3. What is the maximum number of users that SBS can support?
4. Is there any other restrictions that we should be aware of with SBS 2008?
5. Will SQL 2008 Express handle the current dbs' which are all under 10 GB each and is there any restrictions that we should be aware of?