PC shutsdown before boot (hardware OK)
Posted on 2011-05-06
A customer of mine has a problem with his laptop. Nothing happened with it, but he won't startup :-P
These are the symptoms:
* When you boot the PC, the POST goes fine, the windows 7 logo comes on and suddenly the PC shutsdown. No BSOD.
* When you want to boot again, the PC just doesn't do anything. You have to remove the battery and power supply and then the PC will boot again.
* I have run the extended hardware test and everything is OK.
* One time I could boot in safe mode, but when I did a system restore and the PC started up again, the system shut itself down.
* Also tried chkdsk, but when the PC restarts and initiates the chkdsk, the PC shut itself down again.
* Also tried to restore to factory image after taking a back-up. This seemed the logic option because tests pointed out that nothing was wrong with the hardware, but when it wants to boot windows again, the PC shuts itself down again.
I really have no idea what could be causing this. The power supply in the laptop, really have no idea...
I hope you could help me!