How do I configure Exchange Server 2003 behind ATT U-Verse 2Wire to send email?
Posted on 2011-05-08
I am stuggling with SMTP on Exchange 2003 (SBS 2003). The server sits behind the new 2Wire
router that was installed when my client switched to U-Verse for "speed". Granted, they have
all the speed they ever desired but there is no outgoing email. NOTE: Everything worked flawlessly
for the better part of 3 years with the ATT Netopia router.
Here is the current configuration:
- SBS Server with dual-NIC
- Internal network is using SBS DHCP with private 192.168.X.X range (all internal communication is working)
- External NIC is configured with a static IP that was purchased as part of a pool for this business.
- SBS machine is the only device connected to the 2Wire
- 2Wire internal gateway is set to the assigned static IP that was provided by ATT as part of the pool of (5)
- Subnet masks are set properly
- External IP of the 2Wire is a 108.X.X.X address (FYI)
All email and remote services are working as anticipated. Firewall is using pinholes for hosted services.
NO EMAIL WILL LEAVE THE SERVER...
I am thoroughly exhausted at this point and I have pursued many avenues to troubleshoot this issue. Instead of re-hashing everything I have tried, I encourage all of you to
request the information you feel would be most pertinent and I will be happy to provide it ASAP.