Term for rotating ad-board?

Posted on 2011-05-08
Last Modified: 2012-05-11
If you go to:

You'll see a javascript item rotating products/etc - what are these actually called?  Is there a marketing term to use for these?

I know there are terms for "Skyscraper" and "Leaderboard" banner ads - but I can't find what these are called.

Simple question with a simple answer I'm sure - appreciate your clarification

I'm looking for a description like the on on the link below - where all of the guidelines/definitions are laid out.
Question by:ProdigyOne2k
    1 Comment
    LVL 70

    Accepted Solution

    >> Is there a marketing term to use for these?

    Image slider or image rotator are the most common.  This stuff also almost always uses an AJAX library (Jquery, mootools, et al) to do it:

    Featured Post

    Find Ransomware Secrets With All-Source Analysis

    Ransomware has become a major concern for organizations; its prevalence has grown due to past successes achieved by threat actors. While each ransomware variant is different, we’ve seen some common tactics and trends used among the authors of the malware.

    Join & Write a Comment

    Suggested Solutions

    Author Note: Since this E-E article was originally written, years ago, formal testing has come into common use in the world of PHP.  PHPUnit ( and similar technologies have enjoyed wide adoption, making it possib…
    Envision that you are chipping away at another e-business site with a team of pundit developers and designers. Everything seems, by all accounts, to be going easily.
    The viewer will learn how to look for a specific file type in a local or remote server directory using PHP.
    The viewer will learn how to create and use a small PHP class to apply a watermark to an image. This video shows the viewer the setup for the PHP watermark as well as important coding language. Continue to Part 2 to learn the core code used in creat…

    755 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

    Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

    Join & Ask a Question

    Need Help in Real-Time?

    Connect with top rated Experts

    16 Experts available now in Live!

    Get 1:1 Help Now