Exchange 2010 migration from 2003 (public folder issue)
Posted on 2011-05-09
I am currently in the process of migrating a 2003 exchange server to a new 2010 exchange server.
I have half of the users moved over and started replicating some of the public folders.
The synchronization of public folders has been causing many issues.
I set a sync schedule (it does not follow it)
I trying to limit the amount of connections from the virtual smtp connector (it does not follow it)
I have finally got it to stop synchronizing all of the folders and have been adding one at a time to sync after hours.
My major issue now is that the Public Folder database file is not growing. It has stopped at 24 043 520 KB
And the amount of log files has gone crazy. It is currently at 125 926 log files. (they are 1 MB each)
It seems like the synchronization that I am doing is being stored in the log files and not the public folder database.