I'm looking for an open source web-based documentation / note taking system for me to keep a record of important information about my clients and a record for my own reference and for legal purposes of what work I've done for them.
I wrote my own system a little while back and I've been using it successfully up until now but I think I need something a little bit more robust. Currently what my system can do is:
- Maintain a list of clients (basic information like name, company, etc. to identify the client)
- Write text based notes for that client, organized optionally by group, sorted by date
- Optionally attach a file (e.g. PDF, JPG, exported email .EML file) to the note
- Quickly preview a list of all notes taken for any given client
I've attached some pictures of my existing system.
What I'd like is a system which can do that, but also supports as much of the following as possible:
- Rich text notes with some basic formatting (e.g. bold, italic, font size, color etc.)
- Encrypted secure notes (for storing private info like passwords / credit card numbers)
- Multi-user capability with tracking for what user wrote what note
- Mobile support, at least read-only (e.g. blackberry, android, iphone friendly mobile site)
Any ideas? Sounds kind of like a Customer Relations Management program or a Knowledgebase/Helpdesk type program.
My main focus is that it needs to be fast - minimalistic approach and a minimum number of mouseclicks to get stuff done.